Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Winners

Firebirds,

I have been coaching youth football for many years, and you are without a doubt the best I have ever seen. You have set aside what is important to you as an individual, and have made the focus, success for a TEAM. I am only a fan, not a coach, not a dad, not anything but someone that enjoys the game. Thank you for bringing back what it is all about - setting aside fear, setting aside ego, playing with heart, playing as one unit, strong, and filled with pride. Well done!

As far as the display that the coaches of our opponents made today, let that be a testament to your success. It is only when you as leaders and athletes take apart your opponent that you will discover how weak the leadership is on the other side. Remember always, trash on the field is just trash, stand tall, remain strong, and respond to that with better play and harder hits - always let that do the talking for you.

I am proud to be a part of this program, at whatever the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment